WHAT is Carpe Global?
We curate and spotlight international resources and opportunities…
…to inform, motivate, and empower global citizens worldwide.
Our Core Values
We put high value on:
- International awareness and global perspectives;
- People with interests and involvements across borders and cultures;
- Our role as educators, catalysts, and changemakers;
- Helping make the world an even better place, with focus on:
~ Creative, purposeful partnerships with others for positive impact.
~ The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals “to address urgent economic, social, and environmental priorities worldwide.” We contribute toward that end by informing and empowering global citizens.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What types of people join and benefit from Carpe Global?
- What are the benefits of Carpe Global membership?
- Why not use search engines like Google to find resources and opportunities on my own?
- Isn’t Carpe Global duplicating what is already being done by other websites?
- How do you select (curate) resources and opportunities?
- What is your policy regarding the membership of minors (e.g. secondary students)?
- Is Carpe Global non-profit?
The paradox is that, even though those exist, they often remain unknown even to those who would pursue, use, and share them best.
The Carpe Global Team
Founder and Creative Director
An award-winning innovator in global/international education, Jay is a strong advocate of global perspectives and local/global activities. For many years, he has observed the positive impact of sharing “well-kept secret” information about international resources and opportunities. The creation of Carpe Global was a natural next step in an eclectic, info-rich career.
Jay’s experience includes creative collaboration with companies and organizations across several sectors. His campus and private contract work has included study abroad programs and study tours, international student and scholar support, K-12 global education, community outreach, development assistance (participant training), and campus internationalization in general.
Jay has a Master’s in international affairs from the George Washington University Elliott School. He enjoys time with family, Boone the mountain dog, hiking, canoeing, outstanding movies, and the music scene in Asheville, NC.
Professional Advisory Group
Student Advisory Group
We look forward to hearing from you!